Online Course – 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™
The PRS Network has partnered with the American Association of Clinical Urologists (AACU) to bring you AACU Coding and Billing for Urologists – an Online Course with 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™.
This course was designed by urologists to teach urologists what they need to know about the US payment system to get paid fairly and prevent take backs, nothing more, nothing less.
This course is designed with your time in mind:
- Only information necessary to be efficient
- Not designed to make Urologists Certified Procedural Coders
- Provides knowledge to assess staff
- Identifies Urologists’ responsibilities
- Trains Urologists to become a valuable asset in the reimbursement cycle.
Many Urologists already know a lot of this information, but very few know it all. Even Urologists that think they know this information benefit from this course.
Urologists are busy and intelligent; we have worked with and trained thousands of Urologists; we constructed this course for the busy, intelligent Urologist.
- Online, on demand, available for one year
- 10 modules with short videos
- Online final exam
- 70% or better final and completing CME evaluation will receive CME certificate for 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Participants passing with a 70% or better receive a Medical Billing Specialist – Urology (MBS-U)
When we asked physicians currently taking the course – ‘What have you liked about the course?’ Some responses were:
- all aspects
- overall layout and comprehensiveness
- I am LOVING AUACODINGTODAY and the Coding and Billing for Urology course. I should have done this ten years ago.
- Introductory Webinar
- Introduction | Coding Overview | Identification
- Procedural Coding | Global Modifiers | Scenarios
- Bundling Modifiers | Bundling Scenarios
- Procedures – Other Modifiers | Other Modifiers Scenarios
- E & M Essentials | E & M Office | Office Scenarios
- E & M Facility Coding | Facility Scenarios
- ICD-10 Concept and Structure | ICD-10 How to Find a Code | ICD-10 Scenarios
- Problematic Coding Issues
- QPP, MIPS, APMs – “Alphabet Soup”
- Review and Prepare
- Final Exam
Each course participant will receive world-class tools from PRS:
◼︎ One year subscription to AUACodingToday.com ($349 value)
- Advanced Code Checking Technology – Bundling Matrix
- Powerful search engines
- CPT®, HCPCS Level II and ICD-10 codes
- Current Medicare Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits
- National and local Fee Schedules, and Medicare Policy information
- Medicare information on global fee days and modifier usage
- Full LCDs, PQRS, MUEs, AWP, Laboratory Fees, OPPS, ACS
◼︎ Access for one year to the PRS Forum ($399 value)
Ask any coding and billing question for one full year!
◼︎ E&M Pocket Card and Wall Chart ($16 value)
That is a total value of $764 in tools included in the price of the course.
Pricing / Registration
AACU Members* –
Non-Member Price – $995
Not an active member of the AACU?
Become an AACU Member ($225) and register for the
AACU Coding and Billing for Urologists Course and
receive the AACU Member price ($695) for a total of $920.
Must have an active AACU Membership to receive discount.
*You must be a current AACU member to receive the member’s only pricing. Your membership will be verified. If your membership is found to be inactive, the AACU will contact you, and your course access will be disabled until your membership is active.
You are wise to question who you can trust when it comes to learning coding and billing.
With all websites, consultants, associations, and companies offering coding and billing information, it is hard to figure out what is their real motivation and qualifications?
Our motivation is simple: we want to aggregate and disseminate up-to-the-minute, precise medical coding information and error-free claims processing instruction to maximize physician reimbursement dollars. This has been the same mission for over 25 years.
Who is Dr. Ray Painter and why is he qualified to teach a coding and billing course?
The target audience for this activity includes all private practice, salaried, employed or contracted urologists.
A student is expected to know the basics of coding, billing and documentation and will be able to make a positive contribution to the coding, billing and documentation process.
With additional knowledge and a more complete understanding of the entire process, physicians will be better equipped to streamline their practice and submit a higher percentage of clean claims, lower malpractice exposure with complete documentation and help ensure accurate codes on the bills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basics of coding, billing and documentation, and be able to make a positive contribution to the coding, billing and documentation process.
- Apply documentation and coding techniques to consistently produce a complete and accurate health record.
- Assess billing staff and process to produce accurate billing to payers and patients.
- Organize and streamline the practice to be able to submit a higher percentage of clean claims, lower malpractice exposure with complete documentation and help ensure accurate codes on the bills.
7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Release Date: April 2017
Expiration Date: 1 year after registration
Estimated time to complete activity: 7.5 hours
Format: Online / On Demand
Tools Included (one year access):
- AUACodingToday.com ($349)
- “Ask the Experts” forum ($399)
- E&M Pocket Card and Wall Chart ($16)
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Medical Education Resources (MER) and Physician Reimbursement Systems, Inc.. MER is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Medical Education Resources designates this enduring material for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Medical Education Resources is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This CE activity provides 7.5 contact hours of continuing nursing education.
Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299, for 7.5 contact hours.
Disclosure Of Conflicts Of Interest
It is the policy of Medical Education Resources to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its educational activities. In accordance with this policy, MER identifies conflicts of interest with its instructors, content managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of an activity. Conflicts are resolved by MER to ensure that all scientific research referred to, reported, or used in a continuing education activity conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
What if I am unable to start the course right now?
You can start the course at anytime. You will have access for one year from the date you register.
Is this course just for urologists?
No. Anyone interested in taking the course is welcome to take it. A few facts to consider:
- Geared to the Urologist’s perspective
- Tells the Urologist what they need to know to be a part of the billing process
- Does not include medical terminology or anatomy
- Basic coding and billing will be discussed, such as modifiers
Are CME credits offered for the course?
Yes! We have joined Medical Education Resources to offer 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Who is the instructor?
Ray Painter, MD Learn more about Dr. Painter