PRS’ well-known expertise is demonstrated through collaboration with the following societies:
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (ACOS)
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery (ACFAS)
- American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators (ASOA)
- American Optometric Association (AOA)
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- Colorado Medical Society (CMS)
Professional interaction with these groups is evidenced by one or more of the following: their endorsement of the CodingToday.com, Compliance Guide, E/M tools, the PRS administration of their coding hotlines, and/or requested presentations to their membership. PRS involvement with the CAC groups, coding edits for the CCI, and intermediary action between physicians and carrier groups also maintains our established reputation as coding and reimbursement experts.
PRS has also joined with pharmaceutical and medical device companies to provide dinner talks, office conultations, webinars, seminars, promotional handouts, advertising, etc.. Our consultants are committed to helping these companies’ clients and to create receptive environment for delivery of the company’s message. Some of the companies to whom PRS has provided support are:
- American Medical Systems
- Boston Scientific
- Cryogen Inc.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Karl Storz Endoscopy America
- Roche Laboratories
PRS believes that knowledge is power, and provides the data and resources to help physicians remain powerful in the business practice of medicine. Responding to the financial pressures of the changing health care financial environment and the costly consequences of a billing mistakes, PRS continues to aid both healthcare providers and manufacturers in minimizing mistakes, avoiding fraud and ethically and legally maximizing their reimbursement.