PRS Consultants have worked with thousands of physicians over the past 25 years. One common theme we have identified is that physicians have not received a formal education regarding Coding and Billing. Many physicians who are very knowledgeable in this area still have gaps in their knowledge. In the business of coding and billing, all it takes is one small gap in knowledge to cost your practice tens of thousands even hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue. This course is for all physicians who want to make sure they are collecting all the revenue for the services they are providing.
- Provides physicians only information necessary to be efficient in the practice
- Not designed to make physicians Certified Procedural Coders, however it provides knowledge necessary to determine if coder is good and has learned the billing rules
- Walks physicians through all aspects of what they should be doing in their practice and the knowledge they need to do it.
- Designed by physicians for all physicians wanting to make sure they are maximizing their income for the services they provide
- All practicing physicians can benefit from this course.
- Revenue starts with the clinician.
- Trains physicians to become a valuable asset in the reimbursement cycle.
Many physicians already know a lot of this information, but very few know it all. Even physicians that think they know this information benefit from this course.
We get that physicians are busy; we know that physicians are intelligent; we have worked with and trained thousands of physicians; we constructed this course for the busy, intelligent physician.
- Course is all online AND available on demand for one year for review and completion
- Course contains 9 modules with abbreviated videos for quick review. Modules released weekly and include an exam
- At the end of the 10-week course is an online timed final exam. Participants passing with a 70% or better receive a Medical Billing Specialist – Orthopedic Surgeon certificate.
When we asked physicians currently taking the course – ‘What have you liked about the course?’ Some responses were:
- all aspects
- overall layout and comprehensiveness
- I am LOVING AUACODINGTODAY and the Coding and Billing for Urology course. I should have done this ten years ago.
- Introductory Webinar
- Introduction | Coding Overview | Identification
- Procedural Coding | Global Modifiers | Scenarios
- Bundling Modifiers | Bundling Scenarios
- Procedures – Other Modifiers | Other Modifiers Scenarios
- E & M Essentials | E & M Office | Office Scenarios
- E & M Facility Coding | Facility Scenarios
- ICD-10 Concept and Structure | ICD-10 How to Find a Code | ICD-10 Scenarios
- Problematic Coding Issues
- QPP, MIPS, APMs – “Alphabet Soup”
- Review and Prepare
- Final Exam
[tabby title=”Real World Tools”]
Each course participant will receive world-class tools from PRS:
- One year subscription to OthopedicsCodingToday.com ($399 value)
- Access for one year to the PRS “Ask the Experts” forum ($399 value)
- E&M Pocket Card and Wall Chart ($16 value).
That is a total value of $814 in tools included in the price of the course.
[tabby title=”Earn More”]
How to Earn More: Take this Course and Formally Learn Documentation, Coding and Billing
How would you like to save time with your documentation, and increase your take-home pay (some as much as 20%-30%), without seeing more patients or working any harder?
The path to working smarter and being paid fairly for all you do is to become a knowledgeable, active part of your billing process.
I’m sure you are, like most, confident that your billing process is effective and accurate. But, do you know for sure? If you have not spent the time to learn about documentation, coding and the billing process and are not involved, we can tell you, based on the hundreds of practices we have consulted with and the charts that we have audited, that you are leaving money on the table.
This course will benefit you if you are in private practice or are in a salaried position. It will fill in the gaps for the knowledgeable and provide additional detailed information for the beginner.
[tabby title=”Protect Yourself”]
Orhopedic Surgeons, salaried or in private practice, are liable for all claims submitted for the procedures they performed. Just because you are employed or an independent contractor does not protect you from the possibility of false claims. You may have heard or read of the horror stories of your physician colleagues that had to pay significant fines or are facing civil lawsuits, check out these articles:
You need to be involved and have a good understanding of documentation, coding and the billing process to make sure you are not at risk.
I’m sure you are, like most Orthopedic Surgeons, confident that your billing process is effective and accurate. But, do you know for sure? We know you’re knowledgeable, but did you miss understanding a concept or miss a new rule? We can tell you, based on the hundreds of practices we have consulted with and the charts that we have audited, that you are potentially at risk for take backs and civil action. False Claim Act fines more than doubled August 1st, 2016.
DON’T WAIT – take the PRS Course: Coding and Billing for Orthopedic Surgeons and give yourself peace of mind. The course teaches only the the key concepts and basic knowledge that you as an Orthopedic Surgeon should know.
You are wise to question who you can trust when it comes to learning coding and billing.
With all websites, consultants, associations, and companies offering coding and billing information, it is hard to figure out what is their real motivation and qualifications?
Our motivation is simple: we want to aggregate and disseminate up-to-the-minute, precise medical coding information and error-free claims processing instruction to maximize physician reimbursement dollars. This has been the same mission for over 25 years.
Who is Dr. Ray Painter and why is he qualified to teach a coding and billing course?
What if I am unable to start the course right now?
You can start the course at anytime. You will have access for one year from the date you register.
Is this course just for physicians?
No. Anyone interested in taking the course is welcome to take it. A few facts to consider:
- Geared to the Physician’s perspective
- Tells the Physician what they need to know to be a part of the billing process
- Does not include medical terminology or anatomy
- Basic coding and billing will be discussed, such as modifier
Are CME credits offered for the course?
CME credits are offered for the Urology course. At this time we are working to get other specialties accredited.
Who is the instructor?
Ray Painter, MD Learn more about Dr. Painter
Is this course provided in other specialties?
Yes. Click on the ‘Other Specialties’ tab for the list of other specialities.
[tabby title=”Other Specialties”]
- Plastic Surgeons
- Neurological Surgeons
- Emergency Physicians
- Hematologists & Oncologists